Dr Ellen Langer - Mindfulness, Mindlessness, Art

"All it takes to become an artist is to start doing art." ~ Dr. Ellen Langer

So no more excuses, start doing your art today.

Over the last few years I have been learning about and practicing mindfulness. Recently a friend shared a video of Dr Ellen Langer speaking on mindfulness. Known as the 'mother' of mindfulness, Dr Langer has been working with mindfulness for over forty years. In addition to being an educator, author and researcher, Dr Langer is an artist.

Dr Langer defines mindfulness as, 'the act of noticing new things'. "Simply notice new things, that puts you into mindfulness."

If you are interested in mindfulness and creativity, I recommend watching Dr Langer's talks. Over the past few days, I have been looking for new things in my environment. In the walks I normally do, and with the people I am with. I invite you to join me and start to notice at least 5 new things each day.

Ellen Langer Part 4 from LIPTV 2 on Vimeo.

Ellen talking about Mindful Creativity...

Website: Learn more about Dr Langer and view her wonderful art - my favourites The Greyhound Bus - click here

Today in a list... I invite you to notice and write each day about what you noticed... one idea: write what you notice in a list.